The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought i was dealing with GSA here, but others think it may be GDA or BDA.

It doesn't rub off leaves, a tooth brush will take it off though (and nerites, have a dozen coming this weekend as they dont' last long with my soft water).

EI dosing + Iron, lots of CO2. GH is about 5, KH 0-1.

po4 is 2.0 PPM
Nitrate is about 40-60 ppm

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had this problem too and only managed to deal with it with incessant pruning, vacuuming and making sure all those spots are hit with strong co2 enriched flow (to the point where leaves wave)

you might also want to add some gh booster for the sake of the nerites (yes I had that problem too)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, but that then [censored][censored][censored][censored]s up the CRS ;)

The tank should have good flow, all the leaves wave. got a skimmer and powerhead on the other sides of the tank. Gonna cut back on micro's a bit and try more co2. see what I can do. May throw another filter on the other side and see if that helps.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Don't worry the shrimp will know how to get out of the way. I hated the idea too at first until i tried it (out of desperation). Turns out shrimp love clean tanks too..

They will benefit from gh booster the same as the nerites

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that bucephalandra in the third picture? It's an epiphyte plant, should probably attach the rhizome to something, not have it in the substrate.

it is, grows in substrate just fine (have a whole buce tank as well). I think it's still up for debate, but everyone who has grown it in substrate (tom barr, etc) says it grows fine in it. I'm seeing the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's been some time since the last reply. I hope you have got rid of the algae infestation. If not and it's eating your brains I wud suggest manual removal as much as possible. The sheer volume of ur algae may be too much for any mix of algae eaters. Maximal manual removal with some algae eaters like shrimps Otos and bn plecos with or without snails. Then look for the cause.. excess light or no co2 or lack of nutrition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.