The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I literally witness one attacking my small shrimp. The shrimp was trying to shake it off and feel to the ground in the back. I hope he got away because I cant see if he escape or not.

I need to get this stuff taking care of before these sucker wipe out my population. The population already took a hit when I ask a friend to feed my shrimp tank of the holiday. Of course he over feed them even with my instructions.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Albert is right, there is a wealth of knowledge shared on this topic. Search function is your dearest friend in this case. Good luck. If you have a more specific question you don't see answered in our library of posts, please ask :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Panacur and Safeguard are what you need to get rid of planaria.

Just be careful that after treatment, you do not introduce snails into your tanks until you have done a few weekly water changes. The Panacur and Safeguard IMO lingers after the treatment and your water could be toxic to snails.

My nerites, after I removed them and introduced them back into the tank, died within a couple of days. I'm guessing the Panacur did not wear off enough. A few weeks later and some new nerites, they are doing fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.