The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a weird growth on my angelfish. It's noticable when he swims towards you but hard to see in the side view. It looks like a zit if you zoom in.

He's been acting totally normal eating and swimming around but I just noticed it and his side fins seem a little beat up. Maybe he got in a fight? But there's been no aggression from him.
PXL_20210608_204324742.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
What are your water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrates?
Is the tank cycled? How long set up?
What other fish in tank? Tank size?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird thing is this bump showed up yesterday in the afternoon and then by the evening it already went started to go away, today no sign at all. I looked online and maybe it's a wart or Lymphocystis. You could see it from when he is facing towards or away but from the side it wasn't really noticable.

Everything is good in the tank ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate around 10. Tank is cycled been up for over a year but I took fish out and moved them inside my house for winter just moved them back out about 6 weeks ago kept plants in there for about 5 months.
55gal Stocking is 3 angels, 3 electric blue acara, 6 corys, 3 platies.

This is the pic of him today, no sign of the bump
PXL_20210610_213052561.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
My discus and angels will get areas of bacteria that will come and go that looks very similar to this nodule. It can be from many things. Environmental or nutritional.
The first thing I do is increase water changes and possibly add a product with malachite green/metheleyne blue if you start to see fungal growth. Ill also add a liquid vitamin in feed ( I use Boyd's Vitachem) to make sure there are no nutritional deficiencies going on.
The fish looks otherwise very healthy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts