The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm looking to grow Salvinias. I've grown them a bit before, and I know that simply getting them to grow isn't difficult! I've seen culverts and ponds abroad with Salvinia literally a foot thick on the water surface!

But I want to know about optimal culture conditions. What is the optimal way to turn Salvinia into much more Salvinia?

Right now I just have Salvinia minima, though I'm really looking to culture every species. If anyone has any extra bits of other species lying around, please PM me and maybe we can work out a trade!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a 29g and a 40b on my back patio getting direct sun from dawn till @2:00pm.
I have a townhouse so it blocks the sun of the rest of the day. I throw out hand fulls every week. I put them in there to suck up all the extra nutrients from the dirt to control algae. I'm not sure which species it is,so I'll try to get a picture of them soon.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
All you need to do is to have a calm water surface, give plenty of light, and have lots of nutrients in the water column. It will become a weed like most floating plants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts