The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin for some dry ground ferts,any of you have any to recommend? i wanted ADA amazon soil but ive heard that if you add it after the tank has cycled the ammonia will spike...and i keep CRS/CBS in the tank...and i cant afford to lose them all...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
well you could set the ada soil in a bucket and let it leech off. you can use dry ferts to make your own root tabs. there are several commercial root tabs out there. the most popular ones i see is seachem root tabs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow...so i have to cycle it all over again? are there other plant substrates that wont have ammonia spikes and are good for plants?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HELP! !today i just bought a 3litre pack of ADA amazonia,i put it into my cycled 5.5g...and my father accidentally put the CRS/CBS inside..now they are swimming sideways,some falling down upsidedown and other things....i hurried and caught them all out and put them in a small critter keeper...now im panicking and i dont know what to do!!!WHATS WRONG WITH MY WATER!? IS IT AMMONIA LEVEL? OR PH DROP TOO LOW?! and if they dont how long do i have to wait to put them in?! HELP

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
HELP! !today i just bought a 3litre pack of ADA amazonia,i put it into my cycled 5.5g...and my father accidentally put the CRS/CBS inside..now they are swimming sideways,some falling down upsidedown and other things....i hurried and caught them all out and put them in a small critter keeper...now im panicking and i dont know what to do!!!WHATS WRONG WITH MY WATER!? IS IT AMMONIA LEVEL? OR PH DROP TOO LOW?! and if they dont how long do i have to wait to put them in?! HELP
Just answered in your other thread...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.