The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know micro sword is often used and dwarf sag. But was wondering what are some other possibilities to use as ground cover, always liked the look of tanks with it but haven't really attempted it myself. So pondering on giving it a go with the 20 gallon we're currently planting. Though think it'll have to go through some changes but no less. Any idea's or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tank setup: 20 Gallon, Two t5 light fixture, DIY Co2, Substrate - Eco Complete, slightly hard water thanks to the city.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Now I know micro sword is often used and dwarf sag. But was wondering what are some other possibilities to use as ground cover, always liked the look of tanks with it but haven't really attempted it myself. So pondering on giving it a go with the 20 gallon we're currently planting. Though think it'll have to go through some changes but no less. Any idea's or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tank setup: 20 Gallon, Two t5 light fixture, DIY Co2, Substrate - Eco Complete, slightly hard water thanks to the city.
There are a TON of carpets these days lol. My personal favorite is Utricularia graminifolia and any of the Marsilea species.

here is a short list of some of the carpet plants. look to see what would fit your planned tank.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/go.php

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah have noticed that after doing a bit more research online, guess mostly its just going to depend on whats available around here or who has some shoots to part with. No less guess i'll see what they have at the local store come saturday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.