The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you choose?
My tank is a 15 gallon, just planted and dirted, two weeks ago, with Miracle Grow Organic.
The current lights are two 13 watt CFL bulbs in a ten gallon hood. I am updating the lighting, though not immediately.
The soil doesnt have root tabs or anything yet, because im still shifting things around, and tiny dirt clouds are enough without the root tabs coming up. I do have osmocote tabs, red clay and potash/dolomite tabs that i plan on adding.
The tank goes through daily water changes at the moment, and the only inhabitant it an apple snail.

Im looking for a ground cover plant, that wont require DSM, and that will survive and hopefully thrive in low light, no CO2.

I know i can use moss, Though what i have is java, and it grow so awfully slow, and gets so unruly!
Dwarf sag seems to get a bit long, is there a way to keep it small?
A few threads mention marsilea?
And anyone know how to keep moneywort small?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glosso! My favorite ground cover. Make sure u plant in INDIVIDUAL nodes so that it will carpet properly instead of upward growth. It won't be unruly in a lower tech. Only worry I think you'll have is light. Medium light is sufficient for horizontal growth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts