The Planted Tank Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Been a while since an update. Not a ton to update on. I did swap the filer to a fluval 307 last weekend, which I am quite happy with.

Pretty amazing how quickly these angles grow! They seem to be doing well. A little tussle here and there, but no one is beat up, no fins tattered.

Tonight I took time to plant a ton a buce that has been floating in the tank for a month or so. Hope it takes well, as theist time I did this nearly everything rotted away.

A few pics from just a bit ago!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Looks really good! Such a peaceful vibe this tank has (in my mind anyway, it might be more chaotic in person ;) )

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Looks really good! Such a peaceful vibe this tank has (in my mind anyway, it might be more chaotic in person ;) )
Thanks Quag! It really is peaceful to be honest. So far the angelfish has been alright. One is absolutely the dominant, but no broken fins or anything (yet??).
Beautiful!! Love it! And love the neons!
Thank you! They shimmer pretty great under the lights! LED is perfect look for this tank.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Beautiful tank! cool journey. I just picked up a 180 and was trying to think of what sand to use, and really like the way yours looks with the wood and lighter sand. What sand is it that you went with? I love how natural it looks with the pebbles thrown in!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Beautiful tank! cool journey. I just picked up a 180 and was trying to think of what sand to use, and really like the way yours looks with the wood and lighter sand. What sand is it that you went with? I love how natural it looks with the pebbles thrown in!
Thank you for the kind words! It is pool filter sand, and the pebbles are landscaping stones in a bag from home depot.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Sooo... I am considering selling off the platinum angelfish and finding something more natural looking. @Discusluv or anyone else, would love some of your thoughts on what would do well in this 40 breeder if you have any! Not really looking to do apistogramma again right now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sooo... I am considering selling off the platinum angelfish and finding something more natural looking. @Discusluv or anyone else, would love some of your thoughts on what would do well in this 40 breeder if you have any! Not really looking to do apistogramma again right now.

How about schools of nano-tetras and rasboras....nothing more than an inch....like CPDs, ember tetras, chili rasboras, green neon tetras, toucan tetras, kubotai rasboras, etc?....

...and shrimp for a clean-up crew

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I can't believe you would cover that whole piece of driftwood in epyphites. Such a waste of an expensive piece of wood /s

(If you weren't following the drama thread, this was an inside joke. The tank looks amazing!!)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
I can't believe you would cover that whole piece of driftwood in epyphites. Such a waste of an expensive piece of wood /s

(If you weren't following the drama thread, this was an inside joke. The tank looks amazing!!)
I was not following it, but now I want to look it up! Must have been a fun conversation!

Thanks for the kind words

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Have to agree with Jello - great looking tank and best of all, "This tank has been humming right along. No change in stocking or really anything at all"
Now as for covering the wood with epyphites - sacrilege!!!! :LOL:
Hahahaha

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Have to agree with Jello - great looking tank and best of all, "This tank has been humming right along. No change in stocking or really anything at all"
Now as for covering the wood with epyphites - sacrilege!!!!
Okay, now I need the link to that thread! I cannot find it!!!

241 - 258 of 258 Posts