The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
i'm raising whiteworms, a bigger relative of grindals... Fish loves these things.. Just don't feed them all the time, 2-3 times a week. Their fat content is a little high..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grindle

well that is good to know.i was going to grow brine shrimp but these
worms sound so much easier.i bought some from aquabid just a starter
culture and i bought some of that coconut bedding for them.i will feed them
fish food and baby foor.what do you guys feed your grindle worms ?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
if you run out of the coconut fiber, you can use 1/2 organic potting soil and 1/2 peat moss. that works too. I hear grindals breed really fast too so you just need to wait 3 weeks and you can start harvesting.

I feed my whiteworms processed corn flakes, rice cereal, oat meal. I tried the fish food thing but it kinda stinks in the container so I stopped using that. Baby cereal is good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
grindle factory

missed my grindle worms friday so i went to post office saturday morning to get them.
i received 2 starter cultuers for the price of one from aquabid.i started 2grindle worm factorys in 4x6 inch containers about 2 inch deep.i put in the coconut fiber which i received thurdays.the coconut came in five blocks and when you break the blocks apart you end up with alot of coconut
fiber.
i wet the coconut fiber and mixed it.i used aquarium water since the water is around 76 degrees and the water is aged with no cloromines and such.

i took a old picture frame glass from work and through it into a trash can
until i had the right size glass for my container.i used the glass to put the food on and check how the population of the worm factory is going.
i mixed baby food and a little fish food flake.
placed under aquarium since it is dark down there.will check tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts