The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok its more Tarintino half trying and Rodriguez really trying and still making a crap movie. They are entertaining in way I mean I loved Kill Bill the action in 1 and the dialogue in 2. Well I can tolerate Rodriguez although his movies are so over the top they are unbelievable like Charlie’s Angels 2 (which isn’t one of his but its like the director stole his book or something) when you jump off a dam dive into a falling helicopter and fly away that’s were my bulls*&t meter falls on the floor and dies. So are you going to see it and hope that Tarintino came with his a game and that Rodriguez is not doing drugs as he films or are you sitting this one out?

·
Registered
408 Posts
You know, as one of the...ahem..Older members here, I can distinctly remember this type of movie genre...going to a movie house and spending the entire afternoon there. I really think I'll check this out. Plus, I hear that it's got an amazing car chase that is not digitally enhanced, but is entirely real. I don't think I've seen a really cool chase in at least 20 years. I definitely think I'll splurge on this one. ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can't say as I have any interest in any movie made by Tarantino. They're soooo overdramatic and far fetched that its hard for me to even look past things like... the bloody stump spurting blood 40 feet... Kill Bill anyone?

Not even the thought of a hot chick with an assault rifle/grenade launcher prosthetic limb is enough for me to raise an eyebrow over this movie. :shrug:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Kill Bill was suposed to be an old school kung fu film they all had massive blood spurt if they lost a limb. I liked Kill Bill very old school meets new.
exactly...kill bill was terintinos take on old school kung foo movies...and grind house is supposed to be a "tribute" to old school fringe movies....they were made to be over the top and implausable....that is their allure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.