The Planted Tank Forum banner

3721 - 3732 of 3732 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,721
I quite enjoyed the interview and I always appreciate finding more people on Team Strawberry, @Greggz. I never have anything to contribute to your thread here, but I just want to day that the strength of your vision really comes through in your tank. What separates your tank from other color-on-color-on-color tanks to me is that you have so many gentle color transitions, letting you "get away with" a full spectrum range without it being too HiGh CoNtRaSt. I feel like orange and yellow plants get overlooked for reds sometimes, but here they really do the heavy lifting to make the whole thing work. It's beautiful.

@ElleDee Thanks for the very kind words.

And it's always good to hear from someone who has been following but not chimed in. I never know how many here are following or if I am mostly talking to myself sometimes!:grin2:

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,727
It's time to mix up a new batch of micros, so I'm comparing my formula against all the recent posts I've seen about others' mixes.

@Greggz did you really ramp your Ni up to almost 0.01ppm/wk? That is about 5x what I have been using, and about 5x what you previously used. Is this accurate?
Nope no mistake. Made that change sometime last fall.

I was comparing micros from a bunch of different people that I keep in contact with. They were anywhere from 0.063 to 0.0015 weekly. Thought I would bump them up and see what if any effect there was.

The answer was not much. IMO, it is such a small amount that you need some, but a bit more makes little to no difference. At least that has been my experience.

And here's my very latest....................
Greggz Tank Info Version 4.0 2021-17-1.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nope no mistake. Made that change sometime last fall.

I was comparing micros from a bunch of different people that I keep in contact with. They were anywhere from 0.063 to 0.0015 weekly. Thought I would bump them up and see what if any effect there was.

The answer was not much. IMO, it is such a small amount that you need some, but a bit more makes little to no difference. At least that has been my experience.

And here's my very latest.................... View attachment 1025006
Thank you. Since your doses were so close to mine already, I'm just copying your weekly numbers wholesale this time. I already dose macros pretty much identical to yours (KNO3 instead of MgNO3 though).

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Looks like you're swimming up to a tropical island! Very cool.

In other news, I bet that log is starting to feel pretty lonely stuffed away in the basement, I hope you haven't forgotten about it!

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,731
Looks like you're swimming up to a tropical island! Very cool.

In other news, I bet that log is starting to feel pretty lonely stuffed away in the basement, I hope you haven't forgotten about it!
LOL you guys all have long memories here!! I was actually rearranging the basement storage room and ran across the log the other day. We had some good times!

Funny thing is it looks a lot different out of tank and all dried up. But who knows, could get called back into action someday.

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,617 Posts
Ran across someone posting a pic created with a water reflection app. Thought it looked kind of cool so download one to my phone and in about two minutes came up with this. Have to say it does look pretty cool and good for a smile.

View attachment 1025077
That does look pretty impressive Gregg. Was just chuckling - your gonna have to expand your dosing spreadsheet a bit to accommodate 2 more T5 bulbs....

3721 - 3732 of 3732 Posts