The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking on greg watson's site right now and i see the PMDD...the one that has all the fertilizers you need pre-mixed into one tub (minus iron). i noticed it says one part this, one part that...does anyone know if there are fillers in this or are these numbers 100% pure compounds? how have people's succsss been with greg's products? because is i was thinking that if these chemicals were 100% pure with no fillers, one pound would make a TON of solution.

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
His products are very good quality and fairly priced. And yes your order will last quite awhile.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Don't use PMDD as your only fertilizer. It does not contain phosphate, which is one of the essential fertilizers. Far better is to buy KNO3 for nitrate and potassium, KH2PO4 for phosphate, and CSM+B for traces, and dose all of them separately. Or, you can buy Flourish or TMG for traces, but I don't think Greg sells them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigstick120 said:
You dont need to make the solution you can just add it dry, what size tank do you have? Its more then likely that the ferts will last you a long time
i have a 6 gallon. it seems that because i have such a small tank, it would be hard to dose the correct ammount (i dont have a digital mg scale).

also, does anyone know how pure his ferts are? are they basically just the compound with no fillers? i would like to be able to get all the molar calculations done for my solution ahead of time :)

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
You can get a cheap "Crack Scale" (as I call them on ebay), generally aroud $20

·
Registered
153 Posts
Crack scale? Like this one? I think it's hilarious that they've tried to disguise it as a CD.

The site is www.gramscales.com. They have digital scales starting at about $15.

·
Registered
122 Posts
^^^
Haha, now that's funny. As if we aquarists don't raise enough suspicions from the strange glow coming from our houses....now we're ordering crack scales to use on our tanks.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Funny you should mention that - a guy in my local club aroused suspicion because of his electricity bill, glow coming from the basement and odd hours he kept. The police knocked on his door one night, handcuffed him, and made him take them down to the basement. Growing pot? Nope! Just lots of aquariums... heheh, the police were a bit embarassed. :D

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
JenThePlantGeek said:
Funny you should mention that - a guy in my local club aroused suspicion because of his electricity bill, glow coming from the basement and odd hours he kept. The police knocked on his door one night, handcuffed him, and made him take them down to the basement. Growing pot? Nope! Just lots of aquariums... heheh, the police were a bit embarassed. :D
Wow.....I sure hope they had a warrant to search the place and cuff him. That's crazy!

Maybe I should watch having so many lights on. :)

I may be ordering one of those scales off Ebay. The 0.01g scale will run about $20, comes with calibration weights too.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Gawain1974 said:
^^^
Haha, now that's funny. As if we aquarists don't raise enough suspicions from the strange glow coming from our houses....now we're ordering crack scales to use on our tanks.
LMAO!!!
I was having this discussion the other day with someone. :smile:
So far ive been receiving alot of plants, white powder and a s**tload of lights!

When I recieved and opened my Greg Watson order my mom was over and she thought I was dealing drugs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My gram scale (50g*0.01g) was about $30 w/shipping from eBay, and came with 100 1" square ziplock bags. If anybody knows of a use for them...

And dealing with Greg Watson is a pleasure - fast shipping, good communications, good info.

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
JenThePlantGeek said:
If they did that to me without a warrent they would be paying out the ass. Can you say dual 240's fully functioning??

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
agdavis said:
so...does anyone know how pure these ferts are?
YOu could easily step on it 2-3 times and turn a sweet profit.. LMFAO..

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
They are fertilizer grade.

This topic has been hashed out here before. They work just fine in aquariums. If I had to say I would say that they are 99% pure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts