The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am fairly new to the forum, but have been poking around for a couple of weeks now. I set up a 5 gallon betta tank 8 or 10 months ago...then added 10 and 55 gallon tanks. With all three up and running, I am now refinishing a scratched up 90 gallon acrylic tank and am ready to get serious about plants when I get it set up. If that works out then I think I'll probably go back and re-scape/plant the other three! And then I've got a spot all picked out int he breakfast room for tank #5.

But, I am getting ahead of myself! Just wanted to say hello! I look forward to participating here.

~Lissa

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome to the Planted Tank! It's an extremely useful resource.

My, it sounds like you already have the bug bad--3 tanks in 10 months with two more planned!

The best piece of advice I think anyone can give you is to do all your research first! You will save yourself time and money and losses (of plants) if you do your best to research how to get everything right the first time. Naturally everything is a learning process, but the more knowledge you have beforehand, the more smoothly it will go. :)

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I've had tanks before, but never tried plants. The new 90 gallon is going to be my first real experiment with it. I have some plants in my 55 gallon, but the lighting is not sufficient and some of them aren't doing very well. I want to do a better job of planning ahead with the new tank.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

~Lis

·
Registered
537 Posts

My, it sounds like you already have the bug bad--3 tanks in 10 months with two more planned! ...

Yepper, Lissa got it real bad ... MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome), an incurable disorder wherein the tank owner is not satisfied until ever horizontal surface in the dwelling has the maximum allowable tank fully outfitted thereon. Go big or go home
... :bounce:

Happy tanking,

Best wishes,
Wes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.