The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new member here! I've been messing with low tech planted tanks for a while and recently decided to grow a more ambitious tank... I've been lurking and learning on this forum for a while now and thought it was time to say hello and a big thank you for everything I've learned so far!

by way of intro, I'm a midnight (closet? armchair?) engineer; IT guy by day; guitarbuilder musician, planted tank lover and lotus esprit loving gearhead when I'm off the leash.

thus far, I've welded up a square tube metal stand and clad it mahogany panels. marble top; ada tank. no plumbing yet, and I look forward to started a build thread shortly.

attached is a phone image of the basic unit; I'll break out a real camera shortly, I promise.

Any way I look forward sharing my project with you and I hope you all will help me produce a beautiful aquascape. I'll move on over to a build thread shortly. I'm particularly interested in hearing from local crew; I see I just missed the Sac Aquatic plants society meeting?!

regards,
Jim
Sacramento

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks amazing without anything in it. I think an awesome Iwagami scape would look sweet, but its not my tank and you probably have the ideas in your head.

Welcome and happy planting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 450x450x900 ada cube. and yes you read my mind! I've built it thus far with an Iwagami (Iwagumi?) scape in mind... It will be a very quiet feeling tank I think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Green_Flash and all; thanks for the welcome!

so many beautiful tanks here.

I have started a thread in tank journals with more background and a raft of questions..

regards,
Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello my friends, thank you for the welcome!
Yes I think the stand came out pretty well. Its got a steel frame underneath... will post some pictures shortly. accumulating some bits and pieces right now for the build. It should be interesting. will be posting more in my thread in tank journals.
regards,
J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts