The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel, I've began this hobby about a year ago when I bought a 126L tank. That's history, meanwhile the number of tanks varied along with my experimentation and learning. Right now I can't say I know much despite learning a great deal about chemistry and biology.

At the moment I have three tanks. One 40L shrimp tank, one 60L Dennerle cube and the main one which is a 300L tank.

All of them have one thing in common, plants! Lots of them. I don't have a preference for aquascaping as I'm going through the ropes of finding out how stuff works.

I'll use the 300L tanks for my introduction to this fine forum.

Lights, DIY fixture with 4X54W Osram 965 fluorescent lamps.
Filtration, one Eheim 2080 with the intake hooked to an UGF
Fertilization, pressurized CO2 with a DIY reactor made of a typical water filter. Macro: PPS-Pro formula. Micro: JBL Ferropol 24, Tracemix, some EasyLife Iron.
Substrate: AquaMedic Volcanit
Water: 100% RO water

I don't have any special plants and the typical fauna for a planted tank consisting mostly of Neon Tetras.

I'll leave it to my pictures to do the rest of the talking:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Hello everyone!

My name is Daniel, I've began this hobby about a year ago when I bought a 126L tank. That's history, meanwhile the number of tanks varied along with my experimentation and learning. Right now I can't say I know much despite learning a great deal about chemistry and biology.

At the moment I have three tanks. One 40L shrimp tank, one 60L Dennerle cube and the main one which is a 300L tank.

All of them have one thing in common, plants! Lots of them. I don't have a preference for aquascaping as I'm going through the ropes of finding out how stuff works.

I'll use the 300L tanks for my introduction to this fine forum.

Lights, DIY fixture with 4X54W Osram 965 fluorescent lamps.
Filtration, one Eheim 2080 with the intake hooked to an UGF
Fertilization, pressurized CO2 with a DIY reactor made of a typical water filter. Macro: PPS-Pro formula. Micro: JBL Ferropol 24, Tracemix, some EasyLife Iron.
Substrate: AquaMedic Volcanit
Water: 100% RO water

I don't have any special plants and the typical fauna for a planted tank consisting mostly of Neon Tetras.

I'll leave it to my pictures to do the rest of the talking:
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to TPT! Your tanks are beautiful with very nice use of plant material color and texture.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yes indeed they are stunning. Welcome to TPT, Daniel. I am especially excited when we have hobbyists from other continents share their thoughts experience and skills. It's almost like re-strengthening and refreshing the genetic blood lines of our art. You guys do some crazy stuff sometimes! I love it. I love the ingenious methods and innovation and how it throws a new light on sometimes tired points of view.

Yes, welcome!

I'll show myself out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.