The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had green water in my 10g since last week thursday. My tank has been setup since October 2005. Since last thursday, I've done small 25% water changes every other day. It is still here. Here is a pic of it:

The inhabitants are 1 Male Swordtail, 1 CT Betta(going to Eclipse 3g that I'm getting this weekend), 3 Neon Tetras, and an Oto. The tank is moderately planted so far. The Nitrite was at 1ppm last thursday. It was gone by the first waterchange. The parameters are as follows: Am: 0, NitrIte 0, NitrAte 10. Does anyone know how to get rid of the GW?

Smalltank

·
Registered
989 Posts
this is odd because i actually keep green water alive in my goldfish tank. My green water likes to disappear when it burns all its food up. So basically, don't do a water change, don;t add nitrAte, add potassium, and increase co2 to make it burn its food up faster?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i never have green water when i need/want it lol. I've been trying to find a safe way to grow gallons of it to raise daphnia to feed as a treat to my fish. the best i had was a 75 gallon tank that was pea soup green with my big lungfish in it. Ever since then I've had problems keeping a steady green in any tank.

I hope it clears up for you, its annoying when its not wanted.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.