The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

Ok, I have tried every method in the book to get rid of green water. I just don't have the money for a UV sterilizer or a diatom filter (I'm only 14). The only thing I haven't tried yet was a method I just learned about: The willow branch method. :fish: Well, I have a willow tree in my backyard, and I'm going to try this. Do I need to treat the branches in any way before I place them into my tank?

Thanks

Smalltank

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Or, you could do a lot of water changes, and balance your fertilizing, light, and CO2. The "willow branch" is not a quick fix. Youi have green water for a reason.

I doubt it works anyway.

·
planted tank sickness
799 Posts
no you don't need to do anything to the willow... just clip off a good branch with some leaves, like at least 1/2" diameter, and let it sit in the tank for a while. it will grow roots, and eventually you should see your gw going away. its kinda like a plant filter.

ive used it and it worked, and ive given the branches to a few others who have used it with success. give it a try, its cheap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha, I forgot all about my tank today and guess what? The GW is gone and is crystal clear! Anyway, Finch, I have a job right now and am applying for a second. I am umpiring for baseball and applying at subway or cousins subs. I also cut my neighboors grass in the summer too for 10 bucks and it only takes me 20 minutes to do it. A tiny portion will go to tanks, and the majority will go to savings for a decent car when I get my license.

Smalltank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.