The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone -

I can't seem to get the search engine to work, so I am not sure if my question has been answered. I have a five week old 37g planted tank, heavily planted with cory catfish, two blue rams, twelve galaxy rasboras, seven RN tetras. Everything has been going well, and my nitrate, nitrate, ammonia, phosphate are all zero. My KH is five and my pH is 7.4 with injected co2.

However, for the past three days the water is very cloudy. I feel that it is green, but when I put it into a white bowl, I can't be sure. I am not sure if it is algae or bacteria. How can I tell the difference? To me it looks both yellow and green!

If it is algae, I feel that I probably have to do something, whereas for a bacterial bloom it should go away on its own?

I guess the first question is how to tell what is wrong. If its algae, will the water look very green in a white bowl or bucket?

Thank you,

Lainey Alexander

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have determined that the water is definitely green, so it must be an algae bloom. Can someone advise me as to what I can do? Also, I don't think it's from overfeeding since my nitrates and nitrites are zero.

Thank you,

Lainey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts