The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within past month or two I have received various plants and mosses and on one of them I got a huge infestation of green looking thread type algae that spread through my tank like wild fire. I had read about other using excel and Amani shrimp to get rid of it. On a whim the other day and went out and bought around 30 glass shrimp. After a couple hours I checked on them and to my suprise I noticed nearly all of it gone. Never heard of anyone using these particular shrimp to combat this issue so I figured I would share what I found and hopefully it can help others get results like mine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I actually got all mine from walmart. I put about 30 or so of them into a 10 gallon and they have ate 98% of it in a couple day period. I was about to buy some amano shrimp from a seller on here but figured I would see what they could do first, worst case scenario they don't eat anything and I feed them to my turtle. Luckily they just went to town on it real quick but the pace has definitely slowed down over past day or so. Oddly enough I noticed more brown accent markings on these shrimp where as usually they are just completely clear. Will post a pic shortly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.