The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
That is not the shrimps saddle. Those are the shrimps swimerettes. (Someone will need to tell you the proper name) This appears to be a berries shrimp. As the eggs develop they get bigger and bigger. Depending on how many eggs she is holding, they may bulge out at the bottom. I think this is what your seeing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh man that looks like those pictures they show you in high school health class...
yeah they do. :icon_frow Any ideas how to cure the shrimp? Should I isolate? The only thing I can do is fill a jar with aquarium water dose the shrimp with api pimafix leave it for an hour or two (Since there is no oxygen source) then place it back in the tank. I could also add a tenth of the primafix dosage in the tank to avoid contagion.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've been trying to breed them for 7 months. When I heard people say eggs I was excited. :frown:
You should try again. In just water... I went planted the first time I had shrimp.., I also ended up with millions of shrimplett eating scuds... Than I tried it with jus water and shrimp... I had a small colony and add them to my chi and it went well:) den I moved and sold them all for a new tank..;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I already have a 15 gallopn tank build just waiting for seachem black florite sand shipment to arrive at my lfs. Its going to be seachem florite black sand with either a canister or a sponge filter, fire moss in the middle and breeding tube.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.