The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, so bear with me :) I have been dealing with green spot algae for a few months now and its starting to really annoy me now... I have a 45 gallon freshwater planted tank, with lots of live plants (telanthera reinekii cardinalis, anubias, java fern, italian valls, pygmy chain swords, etc.) My water parameters: stable pH 7.2, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, about 10-15 ppm nitrate, .5-1 phosphate. I test all with API liquid drops. I dose API leaf zone weekly and thats it... I dont do CO2. Filtration: Rena Canister Filter xP2 (max on 75 gallon tank, but I use it on my 45 g. Lighting: 1 ZooMed floramax 17 watt fluorescent and 2 Marineland Hidden LED 21" lights. Their on timers for 10 hours, with a 1 hour shut off in the middle of the day. I have a strong bacteria colony, supporting the 39 1" fish in the tank. I do 1/3 water changes every other week. Refilling with equal parts Reverse Osmosis and tap (this keeps my pH stable.) I have a pure gravel based tank, and dont vaccume the gravel, because of the amount of plants in the gravel in the way. The GSA grows only on the plants not the walls, and its not just the slow growers that are affected, even my fast growers get covered too. Any tips would be helpful! I know im WAY over stocked, but my water chemistry is safe.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts