The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
What type of conditions do they need? Do they breed in fresh water? Do they eat algae? I've got amano (I think, were sold as algae eating shrimp) in my tank now, if they can take the same conditions as them I'm set :). Can you ship?

Tina

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Post some pics when you get them in... we would be very interested in getting some.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I would love to post a pic but it is a one time shot in the dark kind of deal.
I can and WILL ship to anyone who wants some and pays.
I am not sure which of the 2 kinds these are I am under the impression they are the cherry type as the conditions needed are the same. I was also told they WOULD cross with cherry shrimp.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Ok I would love to post a pic but it is a one time shot in the dark kind of deal.
I can and WILL ship to anyone who wants some and pays.
I am not sure which of the 2 kinds these are I am under the impression they are the cherry type as the conditions needed are the same. I was also told they WOULD cross with cherry shrimp.
This sound as a wild neocaridina that exhibits green coloration.
None of the two green shrimp available in the market that breed green are from the neocaridina complex. So they would not breed with cherries.

A picture would be nice if you can get one.

Good luck with them.
Pedro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.