The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and Google is not my friend on this...lol I have one of these plants that has been in tank for months and was doing ok . I decided to move it to a better location today and noticed it has grown a rhizome about an inch long and a bunch of roots . I don't remember the rhizome when I first got it . My question is should the rhizome be buried in the substrate or left above like Anubias ? I have experience with Amazon Swords , but this one is a new one on me .

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have searched and Google is not my friend on this...lol I have one of these plants that has been in tank for months and was doing ok . I decided to move it to a better location today and noticed it has grown a rhizome about an inch long and a bunch of roots . I don't remember the rhizome when I first got it . My question is should the rhizome be buried in the substrate or left above like Anubias ? I have experience with Amazon Swords , but this one is a new one on me .

is it a rhizome or is it the begining of an off shoot? do you have a pic?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I didn't think to take a pic and don't want to pull it up again to take one . I am pretty sure it is a rhizome . What I read on propagation said to use rhizome division or it would put out daughter plants . And it looks just like the rhizomes on my Anubias .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts