The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have recently read about a green oto that prefers high O2 high flow, etc. Does anyone have more information on this fish, especially a scientific name, since google says they don't exist.x

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I've never heard of a green oto before. After looking through some wholesaler's lists, the best I can come up with is they might be talking about the pitbull pleco (LDA-25), which is not a pleco at all, nor is it an oto. It's a Parotocinclus species. It's kind of green looking, if you squint your eyes.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
HOLY CRAP those are cool! Obviously, since they aren't Otocinclus or Parotocinclus, that's why they were unknown to me, but now I want some!!

edit: I just read this article and it said they are similar to Parotocinclus verde, and for the Latin-challenged of us, that means Green Parotocinclus. So there is a green "oto." I wonder if maybe that's what the OP is talking about?

·
Registered
85 Posts
They kind of look like a cross between a dragon and an Oto. Those are neato.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My lfs has seen them on stocklists. Last time was around 4 or 5 months coming out of South America. I have been asking about getting them for myself and fellow clubmembers in SCAPE. The owners have told me when they see them on stocklists again they will order them for me....yippppeeeee!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.