The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about investing in a rimless aquarium, i was originally looking at the ADA 60p but then saw that green leaf had a aquarium that was almost identical for 40 dollars less, the only difference that i can really see is that the glass on the green leaf aquarium is 1mm thinner then the ada tank.

I know that ADA tanks are the best, but im cheap and am always looking for ways to save money. has anyone ever seen or purchased a Green Leaf Rimless Aquarium? if you have i would love to hear your opinions about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha its actully more like a money pit, but i like to tell myself its an investment, it helps me sleep better at night

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
I saw some of GLA's tanks when they still had an office here in town. Orlando had different scapes in each one and they all looked spectacular. I was even jealous of his grow out tank.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I've been eyeing those up for some time, thinking about starting a shrimp tank, but have too many projects going right now. I've never heard a bad word about them, and that's saying something. No matter how high the quality of a product, there's always some nimrod out there telling everyone that it's junk.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would buy a GLA rimless aquarium, I think they are of excellent quality and if there were any defects, I'm pretty convinced that Orlando would take care of the issue in a heartbeat, I also wouldn't have to pay taxes but then I would have to pay for the shipping.

Or I can go to AFA and get an ADA, pay taxes and no shipping because I would take it home right there and then. I don't think I would save any money with either option but I would be happy with one of the other.

E

1 - 7 of 7 Posts