The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14 gallon biocube that has been having an algae problem for about a month. I have a 24w 6700k bulb and a 24w 10,000k bulb that runs for about 6 hours a day with DIY co2 and flourish comprehensive once a week. What am I not doing right? Not enough ferts? To much light? Not enough co2?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I don't think one light would be enough for what I'm planting. Moneywort, totals rotundafolia, dwarf hairgrass, anubias barteri most of them are high light plants and 1.7 wpg won't keep them alive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
sure it will...

I have a 50 gallon Oceanic "breeder" tank with 75 watts (1.5 wpg) of T8 daylight bulbs and can grow just about anything.

just getting used to new camera so it is a bit overexposed

I see you are dosing with Flourish which is good for your micro nutrients. What are you dosing for your macros (NPK)? I would recommend you increase your macros and micros to twice, maybe three times a week and make sure you are doing at least a 50% water change every week. Do you have a two bottle set up for up for your diy CO2? If not you are probably having issues with fluctuating CO2 levels. Get a second bottle and change one each week to ensure consistent (as much as possible w/o pressurized) CO2 levels. How are you distributing the CO2? I think the easiest way is to run your CO2 line into the intake of a small powerhead. Do you have enough plants in there? Post some pics of your cube so we can see what is going on. Good luck.

stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.