The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My tank is about 2 weeks old now and i think im beginning to see the first signs of algae on my glass and some of my plants. It looks like regular green algae. It seems to be primarily on the back of my tank and it looks liek little green specks. I DON'T WANT IT TO PROPAGATE!!! I am going to the store tomorrow to get a scraper. What could my course of action be? 38G, 39Wx2 10K 67K, excel doses, no CO2 (thinking about getting DIY CO2 tomorrow).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Those little greens spots on the glass is no biggie, just scrape those guys off each week. Takes a little elbow grease but its the only solution I know of. And as far as on the plants, most green type algae problems ive encountered were on low light plants in higher light. For instance, if you have a java fern out in the open, it may be more likely to accumulate algae. Stick it up underneath some light gobbling plants and it may clear up. Kinda hard to say without more info, and im really no algae expert.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
this algae which you are referring to is green spot algae and in my experience be controlled by raising the PO4 level slightly until it goes away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts