The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, I get most of my aquarium supplies from either Amazon.com or Aqua Workz here in Sacramento. Anyone from the area have good experiences with any other LFS in the greater Sacramento Area?

·
Registered
387 Posts
JoJos is only place I go for fish. They also have ADA stuff and can order anything you want from Aquaforest and its just the online price so you save on shipping. Other than that unless I buy used stuff its cheaper online.

·
Registered
492 Posts
There's a place I used to go out on Power Inn road, maybe it was Aquaworkz? There was another one downtown near the hospital, but the Power Inn one was my favorite. Oh, one more...there's a feed shop right off the 50 in Cameron Park/Shingle Springs that used to have a pretty great aquarium department. On the right side of the hwy as you head to Tahoe

·
Registered
969 Posts
Toms if you want cheaper and healthier plants/shrimp/wood. Jojo's is nice since its got a good spread, but they jack the prices up so bad. I wouldn't buy plants there unless I was already there and couldn't wait.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
My last trip to Exotic Aquarium was very disappointing - most fish tanks were empty, and many fish were not healthy looking. This was 2 weeks ago. It is possible they were just low on stock due to the weekend, but I don't think so.

JoJos at about the same time had a very good selection of very healthy fish, and lots of nice plants. But, of course, at a higher price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.