The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my Michigan peeps! I live in Jackson (49202) and looking for some really good lfs. I already know about and visit Pruess Pets. Nice selection of fish. Mediocre selection of plants. Pricey! Get all my flora on TPT so I'm looking for a good fish selection. Any suggestions? I looked up Kee's Aquarium and it seems good. About 1 and a half hour drive though. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Fish Doctors in Canton and Ypsilanti; not always a lot of plants, but ask them to get whatever you need. Will also special order fish and QT. Have RO water as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anchor Bay Aquarium is great, although quite far from you. Maybe worth the trip though. It's small, but they have a large variety of fish and they take excellent care of them. I have gotten probably a hundred fish from there and have never brought home a sick fish.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fantastic Fins should be at the top of your list! Extremely healthy fish with lots of rarities that will blow your mind!!
Thanks.:smile:

Bump:
Anchor Bay Aquarium is great, although quite far from you. Maybe worth the trip though. It's small, but they have a large variety of fish and they take excellent care of them. I have gotten probably a hundred fish from there and have never brought home a sick fish.
Thanks for the suggestion.:smile:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Preuss' Pets is inconsistent, their plant section is pretty big if you think about it, its an entire rack the size of a whole wall in many fish stores. Looks to be 9 or so 40 breeders or 55s. At times I have gone in and seen they have very little it looks neglected. At other times it gets much better, a couple weeks ago they had the tanks stuffed. Compared to Fish Doctors which only had a couple tanks down at the bottom its a lot.

Once you goto Preuss Pets you will have a hard time being impressed with much else. I think they dropped 1.4 million building that facility.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I think ABA is a great store as well. I have never been to Preuss but ABA is always worth the trip definitely always has a great plant selection and oddball fish as well. Also, so is Fantastic Fins in Livonia I've only been here once I can't wait to get a chance to go again (about a hour from my house).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I second Preuss pets! Any one in Mich that hasn't seen this place is missing out. HUGE saltwater and freshwater selection. Do yourself a favor.....check it out

·
Registered
98 Posts
I haven't been to kees in a couple years since I no longer live in Michigan but they never focused on plants much. They have a big planted display tank but nothing is for sale in it. The livestock is usually pretty nice but its also expensive.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If you can make the trip I second (or third/fourth) Blue Fish Aquariums. There plants and fish stock are beautiful and healthy. And the staff is second to none. They will actually turn you off of a purchase if your tank setup is not capable of supporting it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts