The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Does anyone have any experience with the rimless tanks from GLA? I'll be moving into a new home at the beginning of next year and want to start planning my dream tank which includes a rimless tank with all the specs. I'm looking at having a custom stand built by them that's furniture quality or by a local carpenter. The one thing I dislike is the trim along the bottom, but using their stand should hide that unless they can build the tank without the trim. Any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm actually located in Chicago and if the reviews from these guys are good, I'll probably have them make it and then take a trip out to pick it up. It'll make for a long day, but will be well worth it!

·
Returning. Videotapes.
1,389 Posts
I love mine! They did a great job with my custom 200G square! It wasn't cheap, but it has withstood two interstate moves and a third move. Built incredibly well. You can do starphire, if you want, but it comes as at a price. I didn't get starphire on mine, and I thing that it looks great.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I love mine! They did a great job with my custom 200G square! It wasn't cheap, but it has withstood two interstate moves and a third move. Built incredibly well. You can do starphire, if you want, but it comes as at a price. I didn't get starphire on mine, and I thing that it looks great.

Your tank is awesome! I've been at there place like a year ago.

·
Returning. Videotapes.
1,389 Posts
Yeah, it was much easier for me to go there when I was living in Southfield and Royal Oak several years ago. They're the best!! I think that they are a better value than ADA, IMO.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm actually located in Chicago and if the reviews from these guys are good, I'll probably have them make it and then take a trip out to pick it up. It'll make for a long day, but will be well worth it!
I feel ya it's going to be a 3-4 hour drive one way for me. You actually may be closer than I am. lol ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you end up getting one of their stands to go with the tank? Is the trim the standard trim you find on most standard tanks?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not in this case. GLA in this case if Great Lakes Aquarium. They specialize in custom aquariums and the ones for plant people are rimless. I can get them into the 150G range and potentially larger, but I'll have to see what my budget allows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts