The Planted Tank Forum banner

Gravel vac not working

16476 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  sowNreap
Hi everyone, i just tried to clean my tank today and for some odd reason the vac wouldn't pick up the fish poo? Nothing is blocking the tube and this has never happened before, i also tried to suc up poo from my other tank and it worked just fine.

This is the brand i'm using
http://www.lnt.com/photos/product/standard/114420S105520/aquarium-gravel-cleaners-accessories/lees-ultra-gravel-vac-self-start.jpg
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was about to set mine up so i took all the fish and clay pots out. And since there was only sand and poo so i decided to clean it up, but then the vac wouldn't suck it up(only a little was actually sucked up).

· Registered
354 Posts
Does it have a squeeze bulb for starting?

I gave up on those a long time ago. There's a one way flapper valve on the end of the squeeze bulb that was always getting clogged with goo.

Now I just pinch off the hose a few feet down, fill it with water, then release the pinch. Suction/flow is much better without the bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.