The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im fairly new to this site nad to plants i have a problem maybe someone can help out with
i have eco completefor plants on the bottom for some reason i put white gravel on top but now i dont like it and want to take it out without taken out the eco-complete any suggestions . i also have fish in here here is a few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Obviously the only way to remove the white gravel is to scoop it up with something having a flat lip, like a square tupperware container. You will scoop up a lot of the EC with the gravel, but you should be able to get most of the white stuff out. Then, if you wish, you could gently add some more EC.

That brown biofilm is why white substrates are so hard to keep white. Also, I believe the fish will be much more at home with the dark EC.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It might get a little messy, but try a kitty litter scooper. That way you get the larger gravel, while the smaller EC sifts through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.