The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've raised fish for many years but never used live plants until about 6mo ago. I started replacing plastic ones with live in a 35 gallon. I never remember their names, so you'll have to excuse that I don't list them.
My grandmother wanted a tiny tank we so we went with the Spec V and the Fluval gravel. I'm still learning this aquascaping thing, so any advice would be great. Sorry it is hard to see, she loves that you can see straight through to the other side.
Houses a few fancy guppies, 2 cherry shrimp and a cajun dwarf crayfish.

I did find that the Fluval stratum is very lightweight and seemed hard to keep some plants down. I'm planning on a nano for myself, just trying to learn as much from Granny's tank as possible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Not related to aquascaping, however, it would make me nervous having a crayfish in with shrimp or any other small fish. Most crayfish are really adept at hunting/gathering and I don't think the shrimp could get out of the way.

I may be way off base here, but it just made me nervous :)

Ben

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not related to aquascaping, however, it would make me nervous having a crayfish in with shrimp or any other small fish. Most crayfish are really adept at hunting/gathering and I don't think the shrimp could get out of the way.

I may be way off base here, but it just made me nervous :)

Ben
This is what I've read about the dwarf cajun crayfish. I've had the larger kind before but this one is barely larger than my cherry shrimp. Petshrimp.com -- All about shrimp

http://www.plantedtank.net//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.