The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and still unsure what these critters are.. Don’t see triangle head so thinking harmless.
Very small and crawling around on glass like snails, only see them in this 1 spot about the size silver dollar
This is in my newly cycled 15 flex that I want to add some shrimp too. TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Probably just normal detritus worms, fairly normal for a newly cycled tank without fish in to gobble them up.

Numbers will settle down and hopefully become barely noticeable once the tank matures, but you'll always probably have some in a shrimp tank. Good time to suck them out with a water change if they are all bunched up at the moment to help moderate numbers in the short term. Anything you could add to get rid of worms will also harm your future shrimp, so not a good idea.

Think of them as your prize for successfully creating a natural eco-system in a glass box, then they become slightly easier to tolerate! :wink2:

So what shrimp are you going for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup:They sure look funny in there, will be hard getting used too. I am happy they are harmless and try to find something that thinks there food.

Picking a shrimp should be easy as I never met a shrimp I didn’t like. The neocardina sp. seem a good place to start, the more the merrier.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Rhabdocoela flatworms. Unfortunately, best way to get rid of them is to get fish that will eat them. Fish that would eat the worms *might* also eat the shrimp. They are at least 'shrimp safe'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.