The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got a bunch of chocolate neos right before thanksgiving hoping I would get a momma by christmas. I looked and looked yesterday and found nothing but today I found the fattest berried shrimp ive ever had. But it happens to be the super light one I have that I almost think is a malawa. So I started taking pics (crappy ones) of my lighter ones hoping anyone with choco experience gets shrimp this light also and that they are just culls. Long story short I think the guy that sold me them sold me some malawas or culls too but they were so small when I got them I could barely tell they were shrimp. (No one on here, I dont think)

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Sometimes chocolates- like oebt- throw blondes. Some people say they will still throw chocolates, some people cull them.

The females basically carry the color, since the males can be badly colored. I wouldn't be surprised if one may have gotten netted with other shrimp, however unless you asked for all blondes- there's no reason to have wound up with an entire batch of them. The dark color shows up at a pretty early age.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I think I also may have bought some chocos from the same guys as you because some of mine do look like that(mostly clearish with some darker markings. the females have a greay-brown racing stripe) - i think they are low grades. others are solid black and others are solid brown - these are the higher grades.

Soothing Shrimp (above) sent me some awesome chocolate shrimp. one of the males he sent me has nearly solid black-brown coloration. it's a very high grade male and looks so awesome haha! Thanks bud.

@Drew: Did you buy them from ebay or aquabid? This guy goes by 10scholar on ebay and Shrimpsandfishusa on aquabid.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes chocolates- like oebt- throw blondes. Some people say they will still throw chocolates, some people cull them.

The females basically carry the color, since the males can be badly colored. I wouldn't be surprised if one may have gotten netted with other shrimp, however unless you asked for all blondes- there's no reason to have wound up with an entire batch of them. The dark color shows up at a pretty early age.
Thanks. No, I didnt get all blondes. But at leassst 1/3 of them are. Ill let them breed a few times and starrt culling.

I think I also may have bought some chocos from the same guys as you because some of mine do look like that(mostly clearish with some darker markings. the females have a greay-brown racing stripe) - i think they are low grades. others are solid black and others are solid brown - these are the higher grades.

Soothing Shrimp (above) sent me some awesome chocolate shrimp. one of the males he sent me has nearly solid black-brown coloration. it's a very high grade male and looks so awesome haha! Thanks bud.

@Drew: Did you buy them from ebay or aquabid? This guy goes by 10scholar on ebay and Shrimpsandfishusa on aquabid.
Nope. i almost bought from that guy. This guy was on ebay and had his name for his account. he was selling oebts too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.