The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha! i hope they burrow in the sand soon :) they were acting funny. they were poking their "heads" out and then going back into their shells. i think it was because the light was on. i turned off the light and i think they are a little more active now. hopefully they will be all buried but the morning :) i hope they are happy in there!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Yeah, no worries on acclimating these things. They're like cockroaches, in the sense that they can pretty much survive the apocalypse. They do breed quite well though, so be prepared to see a few tiny ones (they're pretty adorable, imo) sifting around in your substrate. :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My MTS spend a lot of time above the substrate and on the tank sides. I rather enjoy watching them. I started with 10 about 3 weeks ago...I would say I have about 100 now. They know when I feed the fish too...within a few minutes you see all these snails emerge from the sand. Kinda cool to watch.
Wow! I hope my snails do that too! Emerging from the sand, I mean. I am not too sure i want 100 snails in 3 weeks!

Yeah, no worries on acclimating these things. They're like cockroaches, in the sense that they can pretty much survive the apocalypse. They do breed quite well though, so be prepared to see a few tiny ones (they're pretty adorable, imo) sifting around in your substrate. :)
That is what I was thinking. I have not yet been able to kill snails so I figured they should be ok! Haha!

I got 6 big ones and one tiny one. I am sure I will have tons soon. I have another tank to put some in so i am hoping they will breed some... Haha...some...(darn snails. Hopefully these ones will treat me better than bladder snails have!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.