The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I had 2 30" Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 lights on my 125 and couldn't get good growth from the 24/7 setting, so I set them to a timer on max. Immediately got better growth but not enough for such a deep tank.

Put in an offer for a 72" Beamworks LED 6500k for plants. Apparently 12,000 lumens? I couldn't find too much detailed info other than on the eBay page, but I'm pretty happy with it. It's definitely brighter than I was expecting and covers the entire back of my tank now. Had gaps with the 30s of course.

My Finnex Planted Plus 48" is in the middle of the front still, both lights on for 10 hours. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks good! I was going to go with one or two 24/7 lights on my 93 cube (30x30x24). Some posters have said they worked on 24" tanks but they didn't for you.

My issue with the Beamswork fixtures is that they are not dimmable. If they are too bright they are going to grow algae like crazy.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Looks good! I was going to go with one or two 24/7 lights on my 93 cube (30x30x24). Some posters have said they worked on 24" tanks but they didn't for you.

My issue with the Beamswork fixtures is that they are not dimmable. If they are too bright they are going to grow algae like crazy.
They are easily DIY dim-able..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.