The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our 4th Canon Powershot now (going back a bunch of years), I think this is the best one yet.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_295011_-1

Went a little bigger this time, but still "pocket-able"

Less buttons (making quick shots easy and the wife happy :smile:), only snapped a few so far but they look great. Lots of optical zoom this time! Also the first camera we have had that is rechargeable (the other Powershots were AA batteries - LOTS of AA Batteries). Got an extra battery though.

I think we will be happy with this one.

I know it isn't exactly a photographers dream - but I haven't messed with an SLR for over 20 years (that was a vintage Canon Pellix). The only thing I've really missed is a 'bulb' setting (used to like to do long exposures, especially nighttime landscapes - wish I still had some of those pics). Don't miss the giant case on my shoulder at all :)

·
Are these real?
15,750 Posts
I too went camera-shopping recently, and looked at the SX260. I ended up with the S100 instead as a DSLR backup. Slightly smaller form factor, a tad better image quality, bit more responsive, nice build quality.

Previous one was the SX140.

Lot's of AA batteries? Try rechargeables (Eneloop for example).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.