The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have much of a collection yet of shrimp but here are a few photos of my tanks.

I've got standard cherry shrimp, Sakura, crystal reds, wild bees and oebt. Nothing too major. This fall I'm looking to add pearls, yellow, greens and possibly some suwalesi depending on if my plant sales go well or not. Hopefully I can find some good stuff at local auctions!

All my setups are virtually the same. I use fluval plant stratum, aquasoil or azoo plant grower bed as substrates.

Personally I've never actually posted photos of all my other mini colonies. Some of my other projects that are being worked on are not being photographed. I tend to have about 20-40 adults per tank.

My main Sakura tank has about 300 +/- adults.

Uploading photos now!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I am definitely looking forward to this.

Any chance of pics (or a link if they are already out there somewhere) of the infamous crypt tank?

I would love to see how people manage to keep and breed multiple species of high end shrimp while attempting to maintain a manageable footprint in terms of space and water volume.

Also, if the Finnex 4G tanks that you were previously looking for are used for shrimp I would love to know any details of what type of filtration you use in order to easily and consistently maintain water quality for high quality shrimp in such a small tank.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Each photo is of a separate tank. Believe me its not every shrimp tank I have, sorry if some of the photos are blurry, I'll certainly take updated shots later.

Space and water volume? You deal with less shrimp per tank to keep things stable.
Plants are my filtration. I do not own any high quality shrimp, and I'm no breeder. This is my personal collection. Keep the water clean, don't overfeed, and keep things stable for the win.

My infamous crypt tank? Which one? Lol I have several tanks of crypts.
You want to see some foliage? Its like a jungle in some of tanks, though a number of crypts have been sold. I'm trying to purchase new ones.
I just added green gecko, albida, Lingua, and Pygmea. I think I have 16 different types of crypt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.