The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally have some time to create a journal for my 12 long. The tank has been up and running for almost a year and half.

Here it is in its current state.
Plant Green Houseplant Wood Flowerpot

Equipment list:
Tank - AquaMaxx Low Iron
Stand - 3/4" Plywood Cabinet (made by me)
Light - unknown Marineland Led
Filter - Fluval 307

I recently had some sort of internal bug (I think) wipe out most of my White Cloud's and a Dwarf Gourami in a matter of a few days. I have treated with PraziPro for two weeks and things are looking up. I had a total of 12 now there are 3 remaining. They are accompanied by 4 nerite snails who keep things tidy. I will be looking at adding a few more White Cloud's along with another centerpiece fish.
Plants are a hodge-podge of cryptocoryne, anubias, java fern and a few others that were not consumed by algae before I re-scaped a while ago.
Plant Water Organism Pet supply Terrestrial plant

I made the inflow and out flow pipes out of 1/2" PVC. I filled a section with sand and heated with a torch and bent to my desire. This worked surprisingly well. I then painted them with Krylon Fusion.
Plant Light Water Glass Leisure

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Well finally have some time to create a journal for my 12 long. The tank has been up and running for almost a year and half.

Here it is in its current state.
View attachment 1048002

Equipment list:
Tank - AquaMaxx Low Iron
Stand - 3/4" Plywood Cabinet (made by me)
Light - unknown Marineland Led
Filter - Fluval 307

I recently had some sort of internal bug (I think) wipe out most of my White Cloud's and a Dwarf Gourami in a matter of a few days. I have treated with PraziPro for two weeks and things are looking up. I had a total of 12 now there are 3 remaining. They are accompanied by 4 nerite snails who keep things tidy. I will be looking at adding a few more White Cloud's along with another centerpiece fish.
Plants are a hodge-podge of cryptocoryne, anubias, java fern and a few others that were not consumed by algae before I re-scaped a while ago.
View attachment 1048003

I made the inflow and out flow pipes out of 1/2" PVC. I filled a section with sand and heated with a torch and bent to my desire. This worked surprisingly well. I then painted them with Krylon Fusion.
View attachment 1048004
Nicely done!

Love a good DIY stand and yours looks nice from what I can see. The new scape also has the clean lines of a good island scape. Looking forward to see where you go from here.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the kind words. I am liking the layout too. I am contemplating adding more sand as there is only about 3/4" in there now and planting has become quite challenging. Will attempt to update as I refine everything.

Love a good DIY stand and yours looks nice from what I can see. The new scape also has the clean lines of a good island scape. Looking forward to see where you go from here.
Thanks, this is the second aquarium stand I have made and it came out okay. I used pocket screws and glue to assemble everything and trimmed it out with some locally sourced Cedar I had laying around. The plywood used was some very, very cheap stuff I got from a big box store. It was a challenge to use.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tank is still creeping along, still dont have a set plan for this tank at the moment. I do want add a bit more stability to this tank and decided to add an in-line heater, as it will allow me to keep some different livestock. Also built the housing with the intention of using it to dissolve co2, when and if I decide to do that.
Wall Material property Cylinder Gas Tints and shades

Still a work in progress as I am waiting on some cable glands and a contoller for the 100w heater I have. 2" pvc for the heater housing, 3/4" for the rest of the plumbing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts