The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday afternoon we said goodbye to a very good dog. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/46539-help-save-my-7mo-golden-retriever.html

Many of you bought items to help with his care over his last week and we are grateful. Yesterday Ike was having a very hard time, and the signs were there, heart palpitations, constant vomiting, and blood in his stool, all the things we were hoping to avoid. We made the decision we had to as he was clearly in a lot of pain. My wife was heartbroken at the vet and would'nt let anyone help her carry him in. We said goodbye and held his paw while he left us. Ike was 7 months old. He will be cremated and come home to us on Monday to be next to a another very special cat who left last year named Josephine. Its going to take some time to collect ourselves but time heals all wounds... Ike's parents still live 6hrs. North of us and we plan on acquiring a brother of Ike's early next year after they are bred again, that'll give us time to clean up what might be left of the parvo and get over Ike. I have a few more items to sell, they are all going to Ike's expenses, and cremation. Any excess will be donated to charity. Thanks for all your help and support, we did our best despite the outcome it was worth every minute. Here is a parting pic of a great dog.

Best Ikes Family.

- Sera Co2 Drop checker (used once plenty of reagent left) $10 shipped

- 1 ea. elite 799 air pump $2 + shipping

- 2 ea. lifetech liquid filter water pumps (these are the ones that come jebo U.V. units -good pumps never used) $15 shipped

- 3w otto water pump (near identical to rio 50) $13 shipped

- Marineland Penguin 550 power head pump $10 shipped

- Marineland Penguin mini biowheel -perfect for a 10gal. tank $13 shipped

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am so sorry to hear. I was silently watching your other Thread and your family was in my thoughts. Your poor wife... I feel so bad. I found a picture of my old Golden Retriever, "Boss" as I was cleaning my room the other day. Reminded me of you guys. Really good dogs... wishing you the best,
yoko

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that your many fond memories of Ike and the knowledge that you did all you could to help him will be some comfort to you and your wife during what I know is a very difficult time. I wish peace for you both and, when the time is right, I know Ike's brother will be lucky to share your hearts and your home.

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow im really sorry my heart sank when I saw this. I had been reading about him in your last thread and was hoping or the best for you and Ike. I had a golden retreiver that died when he was 11 due to kidney failure and just now got another one who is 6 months old.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to say that you guys have been great as a community. I've always loved the PT. I learned 90% of my planted info from this forum and you have really been encouraging to us this whole time. My wife had disregarded this forum for awhile as our interests are different she scrapbooks and I do this, but... she was really, really touched by the thoughts, anecdotes and prayers. My best wishes to you all, and remember, pay it forward. Religiously there is no term in my faith for Karma, but I believe in the concept, and I think God recognizes that.

Whoever brings blessing will be enriched,
and one who waters will himself be watered.

—Proverbs 11:25

Jason

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
What a handsome puppy. I'm sorry that he had died at such an early age. It reminds me about how difficult it is to lose a beloved pet. I had a 13 year old Australian shepherd since she was 8 weeks old and she died from cancer 3 years ago - I still miss her a lot.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
I miss my red heeler...Toby...Sadly he got cocky and thought he could herd a horse. He sadly got stepped on after owning him for 3 weeks, he was 13 weeks old.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Please don't laugh, our dogs are forever remembered, four years may go, ten, twenty....they are still missed. You will know if it happens to you. Have a nice dog kid! :wink:
+1
I still miss cats I've lost decades ago. :icon_cry:
Their looks, sounds, little quirks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.