The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can still find it... Just don't wait around much longer. It says right on their website that they will be accepting orders for it still, and this is from the manufacturer, not from the resellers.

It'll be around a little while longer. But the price on it has gone up for almost everyone, in every thread it's mentioned, it seems, so eventually it will be cheaper to just order some Aquasoil to your door...

·
Registered
449 Posts
What this means is you must act FAST!

The wholesale manufacturer will not produce any more, and then have none to ship out to retailers. However, it often takes a retailer a bit more time to exit any stock they may be carrying in their retail stores.

I actually called the 3M company, when I was seeking some. They were able to tell me where the closest retailer was to be based on my state and zip code. Also, ask them to check the adjoining states if you are close to your state line.

It's certainly understandable with the recession slowing down the construction of big-ticket luxury items.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I already tried to locate a local seller, or a place that would ship it reasonably. No such luck, which is why I never got any to begin with. I was just holding out for the idea that eventually I'd find some. Oh well. :(

And I'm doing mineralized soil in my next tank, which is why I just wanted an inert substrate to cap it with. I have aquasoil in my 30 gallon and it's nice, but I'm trying something different.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Eventually, people such as myself are going to move on and try other substrates, and won't want to keep a bucket of it around, so just keep an eye on the swap n shop I guess. I'd bet a good quantity of it could be crammed into a USPS flat-rate box. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I picked up the last bag at a dealer in Tampa. I can not remember the name of the stuff, but he said there is another manufacturer that is making essentially the same stuff, it is not as nice as the 3m product, he said, but is basically the same thing.

I bet we will see people talking about this product in the next few months. I wish I had gotten the name of the stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts