The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I'm interested in getting opinions on a good LFS in the Twin Cities area for hardscaping materials. I guess I've been dissapointed by what I've found so far, and a bit surprised that LFS haven't focused their efforts more in this area given that pressure they are under from online vendors. I can get most of what I need online and it doesn't really matter which unit or individual I receive (perhaps not true with specialty fish, but I'm not there). But for rocks and wood to decorate the tank, I want to see the piece. Hold it. Check it our from all angles and get a sense of what it will look like in my tank. This is something you just can't replicate online. I'm really hoping there is still an LFS I've missed around here that has a great selection of hardscape materials.

Input appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I know that a world of fish on Chicago has a few pieces of spiderwood, and they have rocks, but I have never seen anything like manten or sieryu stone. But they definitely have different types of rocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi TMD - Thanks for the reply! I went in WOF in Richfield a week or two ago (across all of the construction). They didn't have much. Actually, Aqualand in south Minneapolis had a bit more (went there and to Sea Change in Hopkins the same day). Aqualand did have seiryu stone if you are looking for that, but they still had noting like what LFS typically carried in the past.

Honestly, I'd like to find some good old pagoda rock. Only seems to be available in Europe or Australia though. Guess this has fallen out of fashion here in the States. Oh well. I've never been accused of being trendy anyhow.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi TMD - Thanks for the reply! I went in WOF in Richfield a week or two ago (across all of the construction). They didn't have much. Actually, Aqualand in south Minneapolis had a bit more (went there and to Sea Change in Hopkins the same day). Aqualand did have seiryu stone if you are looking for that, but they still had noting like what LFS typically carried in the past.

Honestly, I'd like to find some good old pagoda rock. Only seems to be available in Europe or Australia though. Guess this has fallen out of fashion here in the States. Oh well. I've never been accused of being trendy anyhow.
I totally meant Aqualand. I always get those ones mixed up.

Good to know they have seiryu.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Join our Facebook group network and you will be connected with tons of people with the items you are looking for.

MN Planted Tank Aquatics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts