The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lately focusing more on plants than my fish in my 55g low tech. That's why I only have a kribensis and a black skirt tetra. Now it's time to stock up the tank. I've been a fan of schooling fish and looking forward to getting some. My top choices are cardinals, rummynoses, and harlequins. I'm just not sure if any of them are going to be compatible with the male kribensis. I might also be adding a few angelfish to the tank too. I also heard that big schools of 10 aren't attacked as much as a small group. Is it going to be compatible?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My absolute favorite are bloodfin tetras. Tight school most of the time. They move in a close ball and swim in the middle to top. YouTube them. Rummys are nice too. They'd be a close second.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's to my understanding that a solitary krib will be relatively unaggressive but I think it will not do well with small peaceful fish. A 4 in krib maybe able to eat the tetras you mention. You should probably stick to barbs of some kind or larger tetras that are a bit larger and more boisterous.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Add a bunch more black skirt tetras and you should be good. They look a little bit like angels, they're far too big for your krib to eat, they're good schoolers, and they're active. You can also try a mixed batch of black skirts, white skirts, and blushing tetras. That'll give you blackish-grey ones, white ones, and almost-entirely-transparent ones.

·
Registered
872 Posts
What about 5-8 Green Terrors? I hear they are peaceful and school nicely.

Jk jk... I like the idea of rummy's. They are one of my favs for sure. Cardinals look great too! Sometimes the risk is worth it to have an awesome school despite compatibility.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about 5-8 Green Terrors? I hear they are peaceful and school nicely.
Are you making a joke because 5-8 green terrors are gonna end up killing all my fish, destroying the plants, and dominating the tank.

Well my kribensis isn't as aggressive as you think. He likes to hide beneath the driftwood most of the time and rarely goes to the surface. i think harlequins are my best choice because they hangout up top and the shape of their body is prob to big for the kribensis to bite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.