The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone recommend a good reactor or diffuser for tank greater then 100 gallon?

some of the one i research are:
aquamedic 1000 reactor = $65
rhinox 5000 diffuser =around $30

Some prefer diffuser other prefer reactor...which one would you recommend and why?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I have not used a reactor, but on my 125, I use 2 Rhinox 2000's. Unless you need massive amounts of CO2, I would go with 2 smaller diffusers instead of one if you go that route.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I have used both diffusers and reactors and I personally like to see the stream of bubbles from a diffuser...I have a manifold to split the CO2 into two lines. One is going into a diffuser and one is going into a reactor. :)

There might be less CO2 wasted in a reactor because I do not see any bubbles coming out of the outflow of my canister filter that the reactor is plumbed in-line with.

You can do a DIY reactor for ~$15-$20 in parts...and I have a FS thread in the Swap n Shop forum. Or you can PM me if you're interested in the diffuser. Rhinox 2000 = $20 shipped, Rhinox 5000 = $22 shipped...brand new.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
ADA makes the Beetle 50, it's made for large aquariums. It's pricey, but you pay for quality.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I have used both diffusers and reactors and I personally like to see the stream of bubbles from a diffuser...I have a manifold to split the CO2 into two lines. One is going into a diffuser and one is going into a reactor. :)

You can do a DIY reactor for ~$15-$20 in parts...and I have a FS thread in the Swap n Shop forum. Or you can PM me if you're interested in the diffuser. Rhinox 2000 = $20 shipped, Rhinox 5000 = $22 shipped...brand new.
LOL Sorry epic, I'm the opposite. I have 2 inline reactors on my 125, and got rid of my diffusers because I found the bubbles unsightly.

Both will work, you need to find what you like.
If your tank is 6' long or more, I would second the manifold, and have 2 points of injection.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for everyone input. well my tank is 150g tall 48x24x31 therefore i dont think i need two. I just order one reactor from Rex. he charge charge it for $25. i heard great things about his stuff. so i'mma go for it. I dont like to put too much equipment in my tank. i rather hide it somewhere under the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts