The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little bit of plants in there some java moss hornwart.But wanting to get more but then again im only running about 60w total. What kinda lighting should i get that will get it up there around 3-4wpg. I am also looking for something cheap. Or maybe DIy project do you guys have anything helpfull for me. Thanks chris

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
No. Stop.

You don't need or want 4 wpg over a 125 gallon tank. The WPG rule breaks down on larger tanks. And it really breaks down on a 125. Unless you have pressurized CO2 and a good knowledge of fertilization then you would not want to go over 200 watts on your tank. At 2 wpg you will need both the CO2 and the ferts.

When buying you get what you pay for. I would suggest heading over to Compact Fluorescent Lighting Kits and looking at the kits. They have the best reflectors you can get. If you go with 55 watt bulbs you have a lot of bulbs to choose from.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well i was looking on there and the 55w is only 22in long if i get 2 of them i will still need one for the middle of the tank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts