The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to find any good source of java moss that is in healthy green condition. I have some now just alittle bit of green rest is brown.
What can I do?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Really shouldn't take long for it to recover. I had some in a Betta cup floating in a tank for at least 5 months, pretty brown. Now it takes up about 1/3 of a 20g.

SteveU

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
this forum has lots, but this isn't really a good time of the year to buy and ship it. You will get it frozen. I have lots of good Java moss, but I would be scared to send it right now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really shouldn't take long for it to recover. I had some in a Betta cup floating in a tank for at least 5 months, pretty brown. Now it takes up about 1/3 of a 20g.

SteveU
What are the tanks conditions.
I have mine in a 6.6 gallon with 15 watts of flourscent for about 8 hours.
Little ferts dosed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
We had really high copper in the water and hard water where we used to live and I had a really hard time keeping the stuff. I had to get my tanks started with rain water and once they were going tap water was ok just for 10% water changes.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Grow out what you have.

I cant seem to find any good source of java moss that is in healthy green condition. I have some now just alittle bit of green rest is brown.
What can I do?
Since you have some that is alive, grow it out.
Ferts and light and what you have will grow. My usual problem (other than the hair algae that grows in it) with Java Fern and Java moss is how much to give away or toss.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
What are the tanks conditions.
I have mine in a 6.6 gallon with 15 watts of flourscent for about 8 hours.
Little ferts dosed.
Sorry, I haven't got the subscribe to this thread thing down yet. lol

It's the smaller of the two security type CF lights from HD hanging about a foot over the top of a 20 gallon at my shop. Lights are on 10 hours a day. I do a 25% WC every week with 100% RO/DI. Never ever added ferts to this tank which until yesterday has only housed RCS and CRS. KH and GH is about 2, pH never tested. DIY 2 liter CO2 bottle sits in the tank to get any production since these tanks are in an unheated room in the back of my warehouse.

SteveU

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.