The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I was about to get pretty much get out of the hobby, I just got a sudden interest to get another tank and breed some shrimps. While I'm at it, I thought why not do some nice planted scapes as well.

Pretty sure I am going to go with one or two 20L. But I am still considering the 40B, it just takes up a bit more room than I am wanting to use up.

So know of any articles/threads of nice DIY stand builds? 20L or 40B
Planning on just building a stacked (for two 20L) stand out of 2x4's, but if there is a cheap shelf/rack that can hold the weight and looks nice, I may get those.

I know wood stands are pretty basic, but still would like to see some builds and their finishes. Would they need certain size bolts to support the weight, or just basic screwing boards together enough?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

I'm open to look at any pics of DIY stands (even if build for different size tanks).
Just wanted to see general builds that I might replicate. Don't really need blueprints or anything haha.

I will take a look through Google searches, but you never know, I've seen some people on here with some really nice, unique DIY stands.
Even if the stand is just a plain 'ol wood stand, but has a nice finish/stain/paintjob, I'd be interested in seeing and hearing how you did the process.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been looking at the design by member Hydrophyte that is really solid and can be very aesthetically pleasing, if you are up for a little wood working.
Simple and cheap for the 40b would be a metal shelving rack.
I don't think the aqueon 40b fits that stand though so if you want to go that route, double check the dimensions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.