The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smallest tank I would consider using a canister filter on, is a 5 gallon. Probably will use a 10 gallon or 20 long though. I just prefer canister filters over the other methods. Probably would use lily pipes as well.

Never got a canister filter for a tank that small, so don't know what's out on the market in that size.

SunSun 302 definitely too large? The SunSun 602 is a little ugly to me, and I don't like it's internal arrangement (probably could remove the guys and just place my own media in it?), but I could still use it.

Should I get a rebranded Eheim, those National Geographic filters?
???

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have an Eheim 2213 on one of my mini-m's (5.5 gallon) and it works well. I have the same filter on my 45P (10 gallon-ish) and sometimes I think the flow could be better. I use hydor inline heaters and a decent length of hose that snakes around the canister from the outlet and that slows things down a bit.

Recently upgraded the filter on my second mini-m to an ADA Super Jet ES-300 (spin type) and holy moly that pumps out a decent bit of water!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.