The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been using the yeast system for about a year and I'm sick of it. I want to upgrade to pressurized co2 but don't have alot of money. Is there any good co2 setups that you can recommend. I would like it to last at least a month before a refill.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Ive been using the yeast system for about a year and I'm sick of it. I want to upgrade to pressurized co2 but don't have alot of money. Is there any good co2 setups that you can recommend. I would like it to last at least a month before a refill.
What size of tank. You can score a Milwaukee regulator and a 5lb tank pretty cheap now a days.

Craig

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You can get a Milwaukee regulator with a solenoid and bubble counter included for about $100; glass diffuser from the internet is between $5 and $20; you should be able to pick up a CO2 cylinder locally at a good deal, try pawn shops and places that sell welding supplies. Add about $15 for a refill on a 5 lb cylinder. You should be able to get a pretty good pressurized system up and running for about $150. There are a lot of options out there, but this should cover any but the most high-end components.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Watch Ebay for used dual stage regulators. I got a Fisher Scientific 10-572F Carbon Dioxide Regulator with cga320 fitting for $40 + shipping. I am currently running it wo a solenoid or needle valve and set the bubble count to my atomic diffuser using just the output pressure.

I can get over a month using a 20oz paintball tank at 2bps on my 30G and the DC is always green/green yellow.

If you want to go this route you can always add a solenoid later on if you don't want to run CO2 24/7.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.